Hey everyone, I’m glad you’re here! I’m going to give you a little bit of info about me, most of which you don’t at all care about.
Let’s see. I was born and raised in the great state of Texas. I don’t have a Texas accent, but I can do one on command. My favorite food is pancakes, but in spite of that, I don’t weigh a millionty pounds. I’m supremely lazy though, so it is a mystery how I have remained thin. I graduated from Texas Christian University with a BA in English (minors in Japanese and Religion) and fell swiftly into a copyediting job with a major publishing house. Some time last year, I decided they weren’t paying me enough and, in the process of figuring out my options, stumbled into a Technical Writing job. Now I do that and am always looking for freelance copyediting/writing jobs to keep up my skills.
I’ve always had a talent/passion/flair for voice acting; I even took a voice over class. My voice acting heroes are Tress MacNeill, Hank Azaria, Dan Castellaneta, and the late, great Tony Jay.
- I still own my original NES, SNES, Genesis, Dreamcast, Game Boy, and several games for each.
- The first anime I collected was Slayers, which came out in the early 1990s.
- I watched Sailor Moon and Dragonball Z when they first aired on American TV more than 10 years ago.
- I was published on Gamespot.
- I’ve cosplayed at conventions…TWICE!
- I know what the Higgs boson is (come oooooon LHC!).
- I have the original DVD release of Cowboy Bebop Vol. 1 signed in Japanese by Shinichiro Watanabe (not to be confused with Nabeshin below).